Finding the Perfect Will of God
1. I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
- The urgent call. 2 Corinthians 10:1 Now by the mildness and gentleness of Christ, I appeal to you–I, Paul, who am humble when face to face with you, but bold when away.
- By the mercies of God Psalm 51:1 Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.
- A living sacrifice Ephesians 4:1 As a prisoner in the Lord, then, I urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling you have received:
- Holy, acceptable 1 Peter 2:5 you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
- Reasonable 1 Corinthians 6:20 you were bought at a price. Therefore glorify God with your body.
- Be not conformed Galatians 1:4 who gave Himself for our sins to rescue us from the present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father,
- Be transformed by the renewing of your mind. 2 Corinthians 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
That ye may prove…the perfect will of God. Ephesians 5:10 Test and prove what pleases the Lord.